Issued by NWS St. Louis, MO
WGUS83 KLSX 280125
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO
825 PM CDT FRI MAY 27 2016
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Meramec River near Sullivan
.This Flood Warning is a result of 1 to 2 inches of precipitation the
past 24 hours and an additional half inch forecast in the next 24 hours...
Heavy rains could cause river levels to rise even higher than
predicted. The National Weather Service will monitor this developing
situation and issue follow up statements as conditions or forecasts
Safety message: Never drive cars, trucks, or sport utility vehicles
through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow for safe
This product, along with additional weather and stream information,
is available at http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=lsx.
825 PM CDT FRI MAY 27 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Meramec River near Sullivan
* from this evening to late Monday night.
* At 8:00 PM Friday the stage was 9.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by tonight and to
crest near 14.6 feet by early Sunday morning. The river will fall
below flood stage by Monday morning.
* Impact: At 14.5 feet...At this height the Arapaho Campground will
evacuate campers. This campground is about 8.5 river miles
downstream from the gage. About 14.3 miles upstream of the gage...
Cave Road access to Ozark Outdoors begins flooding near this
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...The main entrance road to the Meramec State
Park campground begins flooding...blocking acess to cabins 1-8...
the picnic and playground areas, and the Wilderness Trailhead
parking lot. At Onondaga Cave State Park...the primary entrance to
the campground is closed and the secondary entrance is used near
* Impact: At 13.5 feet...Cave Road begins flooding at Onondaga Cave
State Park near this height.
* Impact: At 12.0 feet...The main entrance gate at Onondaga Cave
State Park begins flooding near this height. This may eventually
force the park to use the rear entrance as the primary entrance to
* Impact: At 11.5 feet...A small bridge in the back of Meramec State
Park park is flooded, cutting the park in two. If the river
continues to rise...park officials will evacuate the campgrounds at
* Impact: At 11.0 feet...Right Bank begins to overflow flooding
* Impact: At 6.0 feet...When the river is rising above this height,
canoe outfitters will generally not rent out canoes or rafts.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 05/28 05/29 05/30 05/31 06/01
Sullivan 11.0 9.81 12.8 14.2 10.7 8.1 6.9
LAT...LON 3800 9120 3806 9125 3829 9109 3840 9090