Issued by NWS St. Louis, MO
WGUS43 KLSX 270206
BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO
806 PM CST THU NOV 26 2015
...The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...
Meramec River near Sullivan affecting Crawford and Washington
.This Flood Warning is due to 2 to 4 inches of rain forecast in the next 24 hours...
Heavy rains could cause river levels to rise even higher than
predicted. The National Weather Service will monitor this developing
situation and issue follow up statements as conditions or forecasts
Safety message: Never drive cars, trucks, or sport utility vehicles
through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow for safe
This product, along with additional weather and stream information,
is available at http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=lsx.
806 PM CST THU NOV 26 2015
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Meramec River near Sullivan
* from Saturday morning to Tuesday afternoon.
* At 7:30 PM Thursday the stage was 3.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Saturday morning
and continue to rise to near 15.4 feet by Sunday morning. The river
will fall below flood stage by Monday early afternoon.
* Impact: At 15.6 feet...The basic loop of the Onondaga Cave State
Park campground begins flooding near this height.
* Impact: At 14.5 feet...At this height the Arapaho Campground will
evacuate campers. This campground is about 8.5 river miles
downstream from the gage. About 14.3 miles upstream of the gage...
Cave Road access to Ozark Outdoors begins flooding near this
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...The main entrance road to the Meramec State
Park campground begins flooding...blocking acess to cabins 1-8...
the picnic and playground areas, and the Wilderness Trailhead
parking lot. At Onondaga Cave State Park...the primary entrance to
the campground is closed and the secondary entrance is used near
* Impact: At 13.5 feet...Cave Road begins flooding at Onondaga Cave
State Park near this height.
* Impact: At 12.0 feet...The main entrance gate at Onondaga Cave
State Park begins flooding near this height. This may eventually
force the park to use the rear entrance as the primary entrance to
* Impact: At 11.5 feet...A small bridge in the back of Meramec State
Park park is flooded, cutting the park in two. If the river
continues to rise...park officials will evacuate the campgrounds at
* Impact: At 11.0 feet...Right Bank begins to overflow flooding
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 11/27 11/28 11/29 11/30 12/01
Sullivan 11.0 3.69 3.8 9.9 15.4 12.3 8.4
LAT...LON 3800 9120 3806 9125 3829 9109 3840 9090