Issued by NWS Corpus Christi, TX
FGUS84 KCRP 300216
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CORPUS CHRISTI TX
916 PM CDT Wed Mar 29 2017
...Notable but below river flood levels expected on
the Rio Grande...
For the Rio Grande At Columbia Bridge.
* Latest Stage: 7.7 feet, or 2.3 meters at 8 PM Wednesday.
* Flood Stage: 18.0 feet, or 5.5 meters.
* Bankfull Stage: 16.0 feet, or 4.9 meters.
* Caution Stage: 10.0 feet, or 3.0 meters.
* Forecast: No flooding is expected, with the river forecast to
rise above caution stage late Saturday morning and continue to
rise to around 11.8 feet, or 3.6 meters by Monday morning. The
river will remain above caution stage until further notice due
to increased releases on Lake Amistad.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, local TV and radio
stations, or cable TV outlets, for the latest weather
information, as additional rainfall could affect crest
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
FLD LATEST FORECAST 6 AM LST
LOCATION STG STG DAY TIME Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon
Columbia Bridge 18 7.7 Wed 08 PM 7.6 7.6 9.3 11.5 11.8