Winter Weather Warnings / Watches / Advisories
Issued by NWS Marquette, MI
WWUS43 KMQT 260803
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Marquette MI
403 AM EDT Sun Mar 26 2017
...Freezing Rain to End this Morning as Temperatures Slowly Rise...
Southern Houghton-Northern Schoolcraft-
Including the cities of Copper Harbor, Ontonagon, Houghton,
Hancock, L`Anse, Gwinn, Marquette, Grand Marais, Munising,
Newberry, Ironwood, Iron River, Iron Mountain, Escanaba,
Gladstone, Manistique, Kenton, Sidnaw, and Seney
403 AM EDT Sun Mar 26 2017 /303 AM CDT Sun Mar 26 2017/
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT
/11 AM CDT/ TODAY...
* Occasional freezing rain and rain will continue early this
morning. However, as temperatures slowly rise to above
freezing, freezing rain and additional icing will end during
the mid and late morning.
* While some locations may see additional ice accumulations of up
to one-tenth of an inch early this morning, most locations will
only see a thin glaze of additional ice accumulation. Little to
no additional ice accumulation is expected along the immediate
shores of the Great Lakes.
* Untreated roads, sidewalks, driveways and parking lots will be
icy and slippery this morning.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain
will cause travel difficulties.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt