Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1027.1 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport (KDPA)
Lat: 41.93 Lon: -88.25 Elev: 758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -1. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -10. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 11. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McHenry County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE