Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedSE 13 mph
- Barometer29.69 in (1006.0 mb)
- Dewpoint44°F (7°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Pontiac, Oakland County International Airport (KPTK)
Lat: 42.67 Lon: -83.42 Elev: 1004ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers likely before 9pm, then areas of drizzle after 9pm. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a steady temperature around 49. South southeast wind 11 to 14 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 36 by 4pm. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Oakland County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE