Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 2 G 5 MPH
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
GREEN SPRING (GNSC1)
Lat: 37.834181 Lon: -120.503106 Elev: 1108ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 10 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 40. East northeast wind around 6 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 24. South southeast wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 34. South wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Light and variable wind becoming northeast around 6 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 36. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable in the morning.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Motherlode, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE