Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.68 in (1041.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-8°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Mason City Municipal Airport (KMCW)
Lat: 43.16 Lon: -93.33 Elev: 1194ft.
Mason City IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Tonight A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near 16. Wind chill values as low as -10. East southeast wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -15. Light and variable wind becoming west 9 to 14 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. Breezy.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. Windy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Blustery.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cerro Gordo County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE