Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 14 G 21 MPH
- Barometer29.99 in (1015.7 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
McMinnville, McMinnville Municipal Airport (KMMV)
Lat: 45.19611 Lon: -123.13222 Elev: 157ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Blustery, with a northeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Patchy freezing fog after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -8. Blustery, with a northeast wind 22 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Saturday Patchy freezing fog before 10am. Sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Willamette Valley, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE