Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 3 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1011.5 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility0.50 mi
Current conditions at
Portland International Jetport (KPWM)
Lat: 43.65 Lon: -70.3 Elev: 79ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly before 1pm. Widespread dense fog before 8am. High near 46. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 2am. Low around 29. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Cumberland, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE