Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
- Wind SpeedNW 12 G 22 mph
- Barometer30.01 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Rockland / Knox Automatic Weather Observing (KRKD)
Lat: 44.08 Lon: -69.12 Elev: 56ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a temperature falling to around 32 by 5pm. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Thursday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then rain likely. Increasing clouds, with a high near 45. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Showers. Low around 41. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE