Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer29.53 in
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Rockland / Knox Automatic Weather Observing (KRKD)
Lat: 44.08°N Lon: 69.12°W Elev: 56ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Snow, mainly after noon. High near 35. West wind around 5 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow before midnight, then rain and sleet between midnight and 4am, then rain, freezing rain, and sleet after 4am. Low around 18. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Thursday Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 2pm. High near 20. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Blustery.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE