Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.7 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerville, Somerset Airport (KSMQ)
Lat: 40.62 Lon: -74.67 Elev: 105ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 32. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 1am, then freezing rain. Low around 29. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 11am, then a slight chance of rain between 11am and noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Somerset County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE