Severe Weather Possible for Parts of Great Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the northern Plains, from central and northern Montana eastward to northwestern North Dakota, and across parts of the southern Plains, from eastern New Mexico into central Texas. Large hail and damaging winds will be the main threats.
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer30.04 in (1017.1 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newport State Airport (KUUU)
Lat: 41.54 Lon: -71.28 Elev: 171ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 57. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 74. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 56. South wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 73. South wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 57. South wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 78.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 79.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Newport County, RI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE