Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 22 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.07 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Yankton Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting Sys (KYKN)
Lat: 42.92°N Lon: 97.38°W Elev: 1339ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of snow, mainly before 5pm. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 27. Blustery, with a north northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight A chance of snow before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 57. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clay County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE