Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS WILL CONTINUE
TO MOVE EAST CAUSING THE TRADES TO BE WEAKER. WINDS WILL DIMINISH
FURTHER ON WEDNESDAY AS A FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST. THE
FRONT WILL REACH KAUAI THURSDAY MORNING AND DRIFT DOWN TO THE
CENTRAL ISLANDS FRIDAY WHERE IT WILL DISSIPATED THERE THROUGH
- Today E wind 8 to 10 kt. Isolated showers before 1pm. . Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight ENE wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. . Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday ENE wind around 6 kt becoming SSE in the morning. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 8 ft at 16 seconds and SW 1 ft at 13 seconds. Waves 1 ft building to 8 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. . Waves 8 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers after 7am. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WSW wind around 6 kt becoming NNW in the evening. A chance of showers, mainly after 7pm. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNW wind around 6 kt becoming W in the morning. A chance of showers. . Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming N in the evening. A chance of showers. . Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday N wind 5 to 9 kt becoming WNW in the morning. A chance of showers. . Waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE