Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND WILL REMAIN THROUGH
WEDNESDAY AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS NORTHWEST OF THE AREA. THE
RIDGE WILL EXTEND OVER ALL WATERS BY THURSDAY BUT WILL BRING
STRONG TRADE WINDS ACROSS THE AREA FROM WEDNESDAY INTO THE
- Today ENE wind around 14 kt. Isolated showers after noon. Mixed swell...NNW 2 ft at 11 seconds and S 1 ft at 16 seconds. Waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 7 to 10 kt. Isolated showers. Mixed swell...WNW 2 to 3 ft at 17 seconds and S 1 ft at 15 seconds. Waves around 3 ft.
- Wednesday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before noon. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft at 15 seconds and S 1 ft at 14 seconds. Waves 4 to 6 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind 14 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Scattered showers. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft and S 1 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Scattered showers. . Waves 6 to 7 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves around 7 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 15 kt. Isolated showers. . Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind around 14 kt. Isolated showers. NW swell 1 ft. Waves around 5 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 12 to 14 kt. Isolated showers. NW swell 1 ft. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE