Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Wednesday, one affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California and the other New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across both areas, with 2-4 inches of rainfall, with isolated higher amounts, possible by Thursday morning.
12NM SSE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisGENERALLY LIGHT NORTHWEST WINDS WILL PERSIST ACROSS THE COASTAL
WATERS THROUGH FRIDAY...WITH MODERATE WIND SPEEDS OFF THE BIG SUR
COAST. WIND SPEEDS WILL THEN INCREASE AND BECOME SOUTHERLY FRIDAY
NIGHT INTO SATURDAY AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT THAT WILL
ALSO BRING CHANCES OF RAIN TO THE REGION. NORTHWEST SWELL WILL
SLOWLY DIMINISH THROUGH FRIDAY THEN INCREASE OVER THE WEEKEND.
- Tonight WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of rain after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSE wind 5 to 9 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 6 to 14 kt. A chance of showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE