Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 1 G 5 MPH
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
OWENS CAMP (OWNC1)
Lat: 38.735819°N Lon: 120.241583°W Elev: 5240ft.
15 Miles S South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Windy, with a southwest wind 29 to 38 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 29. Windy, with a southwest wind 41 to 46 mph increasing to 50 to 55 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 80 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Snow showers, mainly before 11am. High near 35. Windy, with a southwest wind 55 to 60 mph decreasing to 41 to 46 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 90 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West southwest wind 14 to 20 mph becoming east in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. Breezy.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 46. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE