Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 3 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
18 Miles WNW Chester CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 7. Southwest wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 15. West wind 7 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0. East northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 24. Northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. East northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE