Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.01 in (1017.5 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport (KMPO)
Lat: 41.14 Lon: -75.38 Elev: 1916ft.
4 Miles SW Lake Harmony PA
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Periods of rain, possibly mixed with sleet. High near 41. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Periods of rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then a chance of snow. Low around 28. North wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 31. North wind 8 to 16 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. North wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Snow before 1am, then snow and sleet between 1am and 5am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday A chance of flurries. Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Wednesday Night A chance of flurries. Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday A chance of flurries. Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carbon County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE