Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer29.59 in (1003.4 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport (KMPO)
Lat: 41.14°N Lon: 75.38°W Elev: 1916ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, mainly after 7am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 40. East wind around 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers, snow showers, freezing rain, and sleet before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Low around 8. Windy, with a west wind 13 to 18 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance for flurries before ending. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monroe County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE