Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 26 km/h
- Barometer30.04 in (1020.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-12°C (10°F)
- Visibility13 km
- Wind Chill-18°C (-1°F)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
Sioux Falls SD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near -7. East northeast wind 20 to 25 km/h.
- Tonight A slight chance of light snow between 10pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around -16. Northeast wind 15 to 20 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Scattered flurries before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -11. West northwest wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17. West wind 5 to 15 km/h becoming southeast after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -8. Southeast wind around 10 km/h.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10.
- Thursday A slight chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -4. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE