Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Quartz Creek Bridge (US 26 MP 24.2) (ODT09)
Lat: 45.84190 Lon: -123.51849 Elev: 1150ft.
3 Miles ESE Arch Cape OR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 24. Blustery, with an east northeast wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as zero. East northeast wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. East northeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 26. North wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 41. Breezy.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Windy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coast Range of Northwest Oregon, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE