Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:12 am EDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am EDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm EST Nov 6, 2014
- Overnight NNE wind 30 to 35 kt. Snow showers, possibly mixed with rain, becoming all snow after 3am. Waves 8 ft building to 11 ft.
- Friday N wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Snow showers, mainly before 2pm. Waves 16 ft subsiding to 12 ft.
- Friday Night NNE wind 10 to 20 kt. Scattered snow showers, mainly before 2am. Waves 8 ft subsiding to 5 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night S wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE