Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:57 am EDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am EDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 7, 2014
- Labor Day S wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 10am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 10am and 5pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 7pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SSW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 10 kt. A chance of thunderstorms before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind around 10 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE