Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:27 pm EDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm EDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm EDT Oct 7, 2014
- This Afternoon S wind around 15 kt. A chance of drizzle before 4pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tonight S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly after 5pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 9pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 5 to 7 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 8 to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Cloudy. Waves 7 to 9 ft.
- Sunday W wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE