The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
5NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:13 pm EDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am EDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 4, 2014
- Overnight S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 5am. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8pm. Patchy fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Areas of fog before 10am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Patchy fog. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog before 11am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day S wind around 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE