Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
4NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:56 am EST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 3am EST Jan 31, 2015-6pm EST Feb 6, 2015
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW 15 to 20 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 10 to 20 kt becoming E after midnight. Snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the evening. Scattered snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE