Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:42 am EST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am EST Nov 21, 2014-6pm EST Nov 27, 2014
- Overnight W wind around 15 kt. Scattered snow showers, mainly before 5am. Waves around 5 ft.
- Friday WSW wind 10 to 20 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Rain likely after 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming E 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Rain. Waves 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Monday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NNW wind 15 to 20 kt. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft building to 9 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE