Flash flooding possible across parts of Midwest
Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a strong cold front moving across the Midwest on Friday are expected to produce rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour, creating a risk of flash flooding across parts of southern Minnesota and northern and central Iowa. The flash flooding risk will continue into Saturday and move eastward, into the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:59 pm EDT Jul 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm EDT Jul 25, 2014-6pm EDT Jul 31, 2014
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday NNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE