Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.54 in (1000.3 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Juneau International Airport (PAJN)
Lat: 58.38 Lon: -134.58 Elev: 12ft.
2 Miles N Lemon Creek AK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. Southeast wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 22. Northeast wind around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 10 inches possible.
- Thursday Snow. High near 24. Northeast wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 7 inches possible.
- Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Southeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Snow. High near 29. Southeast wind around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Juneau Borough and Northern Admiralty Island, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE