Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer30.65 in (1038.2 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Haines Airport (PAHN)
Lat: 59.25 Lon: -135.52 Elev: 31ft.
5 Miles SW Lutak AK
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 26. North wind around 20 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 5. North wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Haines Borough and Lynn Canal, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE