Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
4 Miles NE Buffalo Ridge SD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly before 5pm. High near 13. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -25. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 5. Wind chill values as low as -27. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 10 by 1am. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE