Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 mph
- Barometer30.39 in (1032.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-10°F (-23°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-21°F (-29°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
Sioux Falls, Foss Field SD
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around -11. Wind chill values as low as -26. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 4. Wind chill values as low as -29. Northwest wind around 10 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 12 by midnight. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 26. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow. Cloudy, with a low around 8. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE