Last Update: 1259 PM EDT THU APR 24 2014
Coastal waters from Parramore Island to Cape Charles Light VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE WATERS THROUGH TODAY. THE HIGH WILL
MOVE OFF THE COAST BY FRIDAY MORNING. THE NEXT COLD FRONT APPROACHES
FRIDAY AND CROSSES THE WATERS FRIDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS
INTO THE AREA FROM THE NORTH DURING THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon NW winds 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt late. Seas 3 to 4 ft with a dominant period of 7 seconds.
- Tonight W winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SW after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft...mainly NE swell with a dominant period of 7 seconds.
- Fri S winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SE 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 ft...building to 3 to 4 ft in the afternoon. A chance of showers and tstms early in the afternoon. Showers likely with a chance of tstms late.
- Fri Night S winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Showers likely early in the evening. A chance of tstms in the evening. A chance of showers late in the evening.
- Sat W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft...subsiding to 2 ft in the afternoon.
- Sat Night W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sun N winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sun Night NE winds 5 kt. Seas 3 ft.
- Mon NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Mon Night SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 ft. A chance of showers.
winds and seas higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Parramore Island to Cape Charles Light VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE