Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1028 PM EST WED NOV 26 2014
Bayside and Gulfside from Craig Key to West End of Seven Mile Bridge
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE SOUTHEAST UNITED
STATES AND GULF OF MEXICO...RESULTING IN FRESH TO STRONG WINDS FOR
THE BALANCE OF THIS WEEK AND WEEKEND.
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF NOVEMBER
63 NM S OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
47 NM S OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
33 NM S OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
11 NM S OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
6 NM S OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
LESS THAN 1 NM SE OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
1 NM SE OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
1 NM E OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Overnight North winds increasing to 20 to 25 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters very rough.
- Thursday North winds 20 to 25 knots...decreasing to near 20 knots in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters rough.
- Thursday Night North to northeast winds near 20 knots and gusty. seas 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters rough.
- Friday North to northeast winds near 20 knots and gusty. Seas 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters rough.
- Friday Night Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. nearshore waters choppy.
- Saturday Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy.
- Saturday Night Through Monday Night East winds 15 to 20 knots. seas 1 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Isolated showers beginning sunday.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bayside and Gulfside from Craig Key to West End of Seven Mile Bridge
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE