Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1030 AM EDT THU OCT 23 2014
Bayside and Gulfside from Craig Key to West End of Seven Mile Bridge
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
...SMALL CRAFT SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION...
- SynopsisA NEARLY STATIONARY FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL REMAIN DRAPED
FROM THE YUCATAN PENINSULA AND ACROSS THE FLORIDA STRAITS...AND INTO
THE NORTHWEST BAHAMAS OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. MEANWHILE...AN
AREA OF LOW PRESSURE MAY FORM ALONG THE FRONT...AND LIFT
NORTHEASTWARD AND INTO THE WESTERN ATLANTIC EAST OF THE BAHAMAS THIS
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF OCTOBER
37 NM SOUTH OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
25 NM SOUTH OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
25 NM SOUTH OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
30 NM SOUTH OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
28 NM SOUTH OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
16 NM SOUTHEAST OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
8 NM SOUTHEAST OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
5 NM EAST OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- This Afternoon Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Scattered showers.
- Tonight Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet. nearshore waters choppy. Occasional rain and isolated thunderstorms.
- Friday Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots...increasing to near 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy...becoming rough. Rain likely and scattered thunderstorms.
- Friday Night North to northeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters very rough. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.
- Saturday North to northeast winds near 20 knots...decreasing to 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters rough...becoming choppy. Isolated showers.
- Saturday Night Through Sunday Night Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Isolated showers.
- Monday And Monday Night East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bayside and Gulfside from Craig Key to West End of Seven Mile Bridge
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE