Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1017 PM EDT THU OCT 30 2014
Bayside and Gulfside from Craig Key to West End of Seven Mile Bridge
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK PRESSURE PATTERN WILL PREVAIL TONIGHT. A COLD
FRONT WILL PROGRESS SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF MEXICO
FRIDAY. THIS COLD FRONT WILL LIKELY MOVE THROUGH THE FLORIDA KEYS
FRIDAY EVENING...FOLLOWED BY THE PASSAGE OF A SECONDARY COLD FRONT
SATURDAY AFTERNOON. A STRONG HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BUILD ACROSS
THE FLORIDA PENINSULA LATE THIS WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM CURRENT...AS OF
36 NM SOUTH OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
12 NM SOUTH OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
7 NM SOUTH OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
LESS THAN 1 NM SOUTH OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
LESS THAN 1 NM SOUTH OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
1 NM SOUTHEAST OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
LESS THAN 1 NM SOUTHEAST OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
LESS THAN 1 NM EAST OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 1 foot or less. Nearshore waters smooth to a light chop.
- Friday West to northwest winds near 10 knots...increasing to near 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 1 foot or less...building to 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters a light chop...becoming a moderate chop. isolated showers.
- Friday Night Northwest winds near 15 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. nearshore waters a moderate chop.
- Saturday Northwest to north winds near 15 knots...increasing to 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 feet...building to 2 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters a moderate chop...becoming very rough.
- Saturday Night North winds 20 to 25 knots...with gusts near 30 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters very rough.
- Sunday North to northeast winds near 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. nearshore waters rough. Isolated showers in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Northeast winds 20 to 25 knots...with gusts near 30 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters very rough. Isolated showers.
- Monday Through Tuesday Northeast to east winds 20 to 25 knots... With gusts near 30 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters very rough. Isolated showers.
- Tuesday Night Northeast to east winds near 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters rough. Isolated showers.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bayside and Gulfside from Craig Key to West End of Seven Mile Bridge
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE