Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 442 AM EDT FRI OCT 24 2014
Florida Bay including Barnes Sound Blackwater Sound and Buttonwood Sound
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT...
- SynopsisA BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE TO THE
EAST-NORTHEAST THROUGH THE FLORIDA STRAITS TODAY...BEFORE PASSING TO
THE NORTHEAST OF THE BAHAMAS TONIGHT. AN AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL
PROGRESS EASTWARD THROUGH THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES SATURDAY
THROUGH MONDAY...THEN SPREAD INTO THE NORTHWESTERN ATLANTIC THROUGH
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM CURRENT...AS OF
37 NM SOUTH OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
25 NM SOUTH OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
25 NM SOUTH OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
30 NM SOUTH OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
28 NM SOUTH OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
16 NM SOUTHEAST OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
8 NM SOUTHEAST OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
5 NM EAST OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Today Northeast to east winds increasing to near 20 knots...with gusts near 25 knots. Winds becoming north in the afternoon. Bay waters becoming rough. Numerous showers in the morning. Scattered showers in the afternoon.
- Tonight North winds near 20 knots. Bay waters rough. scattered showers early in the evening. Isolated showers overnight.
- Saturday North to northeast winds near 20 knots...decreasing to near 15 knots in the afternoon. Bay waters rough...becoming a moderate chop.
- Saturday Night And Sunday Northeast winds near 15 knots. Bay waters a moderate chop.
- Sunday Night Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy.
- Monday Through Tuesday Night Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Florida Bay including Barnes Sound Blackwater Sound and Buttonwood Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE