Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1030 PM EST THU NOV 27 2014
Florida Bay including Barnes Sound Blackwater Sound and Buttonwood Sound
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE SOUTHEAST UNITED
STATES AND GULF OF MEXICO...RESULTING IN FRESH TO STRONG WINDS
TONIGHT...AND THROUGH THIS WEEKEND AND NEXT WEEK.
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF NOVEMBER
63 NM S OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
47 NM S OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
33 NM S OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
11 NM S OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
6 NM S OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
LESS THAN 1 NM SE OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
1 NM SE OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
1 NM E OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Overnight North winds 15 to 20 knots...increasing to 20 to 25 knots and gusty by morning. Bay waters choppy...becoming very rough.
- Friday North to northeast winds 20 to 25 knots and gusty early...decreasing to 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters very rough...becoming choppy.
- Friday Night North to northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy.
- Saturday Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy.
- Saturday Night Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy.
- Sunday Northeast to east winds near 15 knots. Bay waters a moderate chop. Isolated showers.
- Sunday Night Through Tuesday Night Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy. Isolated showers.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Florida Bay including Barnes Sound Blackwater Sound and Buttonwood Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE