Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 436 AM EDT SAT NOV 1 2014
Florida Bay including Barnes Sound Blackwater Sound and Buttonwood Sound
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE KEYS THIS AFTERNOON. A
STRONG HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BUILD ACROSS THE FLORIDA PENINSULA
SUNDAY...THEN INTO THE WESTERN NORTH ATLANTIC THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF
THE APPROXIMATE SHOREWARD EDGE OF THE GULF STREAM CURRENT...AS OF
53 NM SOUTH OF DRY TORTUGAS LIGHT...ON LOGGERHEAD KEY.
19 NM SOUTH OF COSGROVE SHOAL LIGHT...OFF THE MARQUESAS KEYS.
8 NM SOUTH OF SAND KEY LIGHT...OFF KEY WEST.
4 NM SOUTH OF LOOE KEY...OFF BIG PINE KEY.
2 NM SOUTH OF SOMBRERO KEY LIGHT...OFF MARATHON.
LESS THAN 1 NM SOUTHEAST OF ALLIGATOR REEF LIGHT...OFF ISLAMORADA.
LESS THAN 1 NM SOUTHEAST OF MOLASSES REEF LIGHT...OFF KEY LARGO.
LESS THAN 1 NM EAST OF CARYSFORT REEF LIGHT...OFF OCEAN REEF.
GULF STREAM INFORMATION COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Today Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots...increasing to 20 knots and gusty this afternoon. Bay waters choppy...becoming rough.
- Tonight Northwest to north winds 20 to 25 knots...with gusts near 30 knots. Bay waters very rough.
- Sunday North winds 20 to 25 knots early...becoming north to northeast and decreasing to around 15 knots. Bay waters very rough...becoming a moderate chop.
- Sunday Night Northeast winds increasing to near 20 knots. Bay waters rough.
- Monday Northeast winds around 20 knots. Bay waters rough.
- Monday Night Through Wednesday Northeast to east winds 20 to 25 knots and gusty. Bay waters very rough.
- Wednesday Night Northeast winds near 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Florida Bay including Barnes Sound Blackwater Sound and Buttonwood Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE