Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
0NM SSE Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT. COOL HIGH PRESSURE
WILL BUILD OVER THE AREA DURING THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEK. A DRY
COLD FRONT WILL DROP THROUGH THE AREA LATE SATURDAY THEN HIGH
PRESSURE RETURNS EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight SW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 10 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 14 to 16 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday WNW wind around 14 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday W wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night W wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE