Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
0NM SSE Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH MONDAY
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT WILL LIFT NORTH THROUGH THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON AND
TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST MONDAY AND PUSH
OFFSHORE BY EARLY TUESDAY. LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE FRONT
LATE TUESDAY NIGHT AND MOVE NORTHEAST OFFSHORE OF THE COAST WEDNESDAY.
THE LOW WILL DEPART TO THE NORTHEAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT WITH HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDING OVER THE REGION LATE IN THE WEEK.
- Today E wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SE 12 to 17 kt. A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 20 to 23 kt becoming S 23 to 26 kt after midnight. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday SSW wind 17 to 20 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 10 to 13 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming N 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind 16 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind around 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE