A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
0NM SSE Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. ADJACENT SOUNDS AND RIVERS LIGHT CHOP...
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA
TONIGHT. THE FRONT WILL BECOME STATIONARY OVER THE OFFSHORE WATERS
THROUGH THE WEEK...DRIFTING BACK TOWARD THE COAST LATE IN THE WEEK.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday NNE wind 7 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 8 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night ESE wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE