Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
0NM SSE Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisBERMUDA HIGH PRESSURE WILL EXTEND OVER THE AREA THROUGH TUESDAY. A
WEAK COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH THE AREA FROM THE NORTH
WEDNESDAY...THEN STALL AND DISSIPATE THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE RIDGES
INTO THE REGION FROM OFFSHORE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...THEN ANOTHER
COLD FRONT WILL DROP INTO THE AREA SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.
- Overnight SW wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 10 to 13 kt. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 8am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 12 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind around 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE