Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
0NM SSE Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL CROSS THE AREA TODAY AND TONIGHT.
HIGH PRESSURE NORTH OF THE GREAT LAKES THURSDAY WILL BUILD DOWN THE
EASTERN SEABOARD SATURDAY THEN DISSIPATE SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL
MOVE THROUGH MONDAY. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM THE NORTHWEST
- Today E wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday N wind 6 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 12 kt. A slight chance of showers before midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind 13 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 11 to 13 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 12 to 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 8 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE