Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM THE NORTHWEST THROUGH FRIDAY. A
WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE SOUTHEAST STATES
SATURDAY THEN OFF THE COAST SUNDAY. ANOTHER WEAK LOW WILL MOVE ALONG
THE SOUTHEAST COAST SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. A STRONGER SYSTEM WILL
APPROACH FROM THE WEST TUESDAY WITH ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT PUSHING
THROUGH EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA WEDNESDAY.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N around 6 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday N wind around 6 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of rain after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 9 to 11 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 11 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NNE wind around 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday E wind 7 to 9 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE