Slight Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Afternoon through Tonight
A few severe storms are possible late this afternoon, this evening and tonight across parts of the northern High Plains. Other strong storms are possible today in a corridor arcing from the central Gulf Coast into the Tennessee Valley, and across lower Michigan and adjacent portions of the Great Lakes region. Heavy rain and local flash flooding is possible Gulf Coast and Lower Mississippi Valley.
0NM SSE Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT WILL GRADUALLY LIFT NORTH OF THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON.
OFFSHORE HIGH PRESSURE WILL DOMINATE OVER THE WEEKEND INTO EARLY
NEXT WEEK. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE NORTH MID TO LATE
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 9 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight S wind around 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday S wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Labor Day SSW wind 7 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE