Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Morehead City NC
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM EST SATURDAY...
- SynopsisCOLD HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN FROM THE NORTHWEST THROUGH SATURDAY
THEN GRADUALLY SLIDE OFFSHORE SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH
FROM THE WEST SUNDAY NIGHT AND CROSS THE AREA EARLY MONDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD NORTH OF THE REGION MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH
- Tonight NNW wind 15 to 18 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind 9 to 13 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday W wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 8 to 13 kt increasing to 13 to 18 kt after midnight. Rain, mainly after 11pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday SW wind 18 to 23 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Rain, mainly before 11am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind 15 to 19 kt becoming N after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 8 to 13 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind 5 to 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE