Heavy Snow Possible Across Northern Rockies and Plains, Wintry Mix Farther East
Snow, gusty winds and bitter cold will spread through the northern Rockies and northern Plains on Thursday. The snow could be heavy at times. Meanwhile, a wintry mix of snow and freezing rain is possible across parts of the Midwest and Great Lakes and into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 G 21 MPH
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
HELL HOLE (HLLC1)
Lat: 39.069711 Lon: -120.419886 Elev: 5240ft.
22 Miles W South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy early, then gradual clearing, with a temperature rising to near 38 by 11am, then falling to around 32 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 18 to 25 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Blustery, with an east northeast wind 18 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. East wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. East northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 56. East northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE