Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 G 24 mph
- Barometer30.21 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Petersburg, Grant County Airport (KW99)
Lat: 38.98 Lon: -79.13 Elev: 961ft.
3 Miles E Lost River WV
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind around 13 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 32. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain before midnight, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hardy County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE