Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 G 19 MPH
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
LYONS VALLEY (COWC1)
Lat: 39.125833 Lon: -123.073333 Elev: 3355ft.
6 Miles W Lakeport CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow between 10am and 4pm, then rain and snow. High near 42. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Rain and snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 29. South southwest wind 8 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light north in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 41. Calm wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clear Lake/Southern Lake County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE