Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 1 G 2 MPH
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
13 Miles NW Chester CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 24. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 11. South southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 19. North northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1. East northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE