Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Lat: 40.5539 Lon: -124.1327 Elev: 394ft.
5 Miles ENE Capetown CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before 10pm, then a chance of snow showers. Steady temperature around 32. Northwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 26 by 5pm. North wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday Night Areas of frost after 1am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 26. North wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Sunday Areas of frost before 7am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 37. North wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North northeast wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Friday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Redwood Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE