Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 MPH
- Barometer30.10 in (1019.2 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Redding Municipal Airport (KRDD)
Lat: 40.51461 Lon: -122.29770 Elev: 499ft.
5 Miles NE Redding Municipal CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy frost. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 24. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Patchy frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 46. North northeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Night Patchy frost after 10pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 25. Calm wind.
- Friday Rain and snow likely after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Sacramento Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE