Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport (KABE)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers. Temperature falling to around 41 by 5pm. North wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 3am, then rain and snow likely. Low around 32. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then snow and freezing rain between 4am and 5am, then rain, snow, and freezing rain after 5am. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lehigh County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE