Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 3 MPH
- Barometer30.17 in (1021.7 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Crescent City, Jack McNamara Field Airport (KCEC)
Lat: 41.78028 Lon: -124.23667 Elev: 56ft.
Smith River CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 31. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Rain, mainly after 7am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 44. South southwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Showers likely before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 29. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 40. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. East northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Thursday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Redwood Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE