Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.60 in (1037.7 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
3 Miles SE Lincolnwood IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 50 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 14. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming east northeast after midnight.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Steady temperature around 25. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE