Severe thunderstorms and heavy rain expected over parts of the mid-Mississippi and lower Ohio Valleys Saturday and Saturday night
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a Moderate Risk of severe thunderstorms for Saturday and Saturday night across parts of the middle Mississippi and lower Ohio Valleys. Very large hail, strong wind gusts and a few tornadoes are expected in this area. Also, these storms could produce heavy rain that could lead to flash flooding, especially from central Indiana to southern Ohio.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:14 am AKDT Jul 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Jul 26, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 1, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW WILL PERSIST IN THE NORTHERN GULF INTO NEXT WEEK. THIS
WILL MAINTAIN PERIODS OF RAIN THROUGH THE WEEKEND ALONG WITH
MODERATE TO STRONG SOUTHERLY WINDS ALONG THE OUTER COAST AND
- Today SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE