On Saturday, severe weather will be possible across portions of the northern Plains while dry and hot conditions begin returning to the West.
Severe weather is possible over parts of the northern Plains on Saturday. During the late afternoon and early evening hours, large hail and isolated tornadoes will be the primary threats with damaging winds becoming the greatest threat in the late evening hours. Out west, hot and dry conditions begin to return bringing increased heat dangers and fire weather concerns.
12NM N Caamano Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:53 am AKDT Aug 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Aug 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF WILL DISSIPATE BY SAT
AFTERNOON AS A WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS ACROSS THE
EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE. THE RIDGE WILL REMAIN OVER SE AK
THROUGH EARLY SUN MORNING. A DEVELOPING LOW IN THE WESTERN GULF
LATE SAT WILL MOVE E INTO THE EASTERN GULF BY MID MORNING SUN.
- Today SSW wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers likely, mainly after 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE