Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM N Caamano Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 am AKDT Nov 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKDT Nov 1, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL MOVE EAST ACROSS THE PANHANDLE SATURDAY.
ELSEWHERE...LOW PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE NORTHWESTERN GULF
- Today SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 25 to 35 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE