Heavy rain continues in parts of Texas and New Mexico; severe storms possible in the Midwest
Heavy rain and the threat for flash flooding will continue on Saturday in parts of Texas and southeast New Mexico due to tropical moisture from the remnants of Odile. Flash Flood Watches continue across this area. Meanwhile, a storm system moving through the northern U.S. will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to the Upper Midwest through the mid-Miss. River Valley through Saturday evening.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SSE Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:33 am AKDT Sep 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Sep 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE EASTERN GULF WILL PUSH N ONSHORE AT
CHICHAGOF ISLAND AROUND MIDDAY SAT ON ITS WAY INTO NW CANADA. A
RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BRIEFLY BUILD OVER THE PANHANDLE
THIS EVENING AS A STORM FORCE LOW APPROACHES THE EASTERN GULF
FROM THE S SAT NIGHT INTO SUN.
- Today SW wind 15 to 25 kt decreasing to 5 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind around 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind around 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE