Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado across much of Nebraska and northern Kansas and into extreme portions of western Iowa and northwestern Missouri. Large hail, damaging winds and isolated tornadoes are possible.
5NM SSE Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:44 am AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF WILL DISSIPATE NEAR HAIDA
GWAII SAT AFTERNOON. A NARROW RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
EASTERN GULF WILL WEAKEN ALONG THE PANHANDLE COAST FRI NIGHT BUT
RETURN TO THE CENTRAL GULF SAT. OUTLOOK. A FRONT WILL MOVE INTO
THE EASTERN GULF SUN.
- This Afternoon SW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE