Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
3NM SSE Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:13 pm AKST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Mar 3, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 10, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAKENING RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WED NIGHT. MEANWHILE A WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE INTO
THE EASTERN GULF FROM THE WEST TUE NIGHT BEFORE SPREADING OVER
THE PANHANDLE ON WED.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of light rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE in the evening. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind around 10 kt becoming NE in the morning. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE