We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We’ve shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Details...
3NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:54 pm AKDT Sep 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKDT Sep 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE OVER SOUTHEAST ALASKA WILL MOVE INTO BRITISH
COLUMBIA MONDAY AS A LARGE AREA OF LOW PRESSURE ABOUT 600 NM
SOUTHWEST OF HAIDA GWAII DRIFTS NORTHEAST THROUGH TUESDAY.
- Overnight E wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday E wind around 10 kt becoming W in the morning. Scattered showers before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday E wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE