Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:11 am AKDT Oct 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL GULF TODAY THEN TRACK
NORTH OVER THE GULF THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.
- Today E wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain after 1pm. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tonight E wind 25 to 30 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday E wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE