Severe weather continues to be forecast for much of the weekend across the southern U.S.
Severe weather is possible on Saturday from southwest Texas to the central Gulf Coast. Primary threats are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. On Sunday, a similar risk exists from the western Gulf Coast states across the Southeast to the coastal Carolinas.
3NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:35 pm AKST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKST Nov 22, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW NEAR COLD BAY WILL PERSIST THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING. SW
ONSHORE FLOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE GULF OF ALASKA AND
SOUTHEAST ALASKA INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight E wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night E wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE