Winter weather forecast from Great Lakes to Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow is expected Thursday and Friday from the Great Lakes to the Northeast, as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast earlier this week, as snowfall totals of six inches or less are expected. Snow and freezing rain are forecast for parts of the Four Corners region through the weekend.
2NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:14 pm AKST Jan 29, 2015
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKST Jan 29, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 4, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OVER THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE AND
EASTERN GULF TONIGHT...WHILE AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight E wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A chance of rain before noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt becoming E in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas around 5 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 5 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 5 ft.
- Monday E wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE