Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains and mid/upper Mississippi River Valley
Severe thunderstorms are expected across portions of the northern Plains and upper Mississippi Valley Wednesday. Large hail and damaging winds will be the main threats with these storms, but a tornado or two could occur as well. Other strong to severe storms may occur from late afternoon into the overnight hours from the middle Mississippi Valley into the lower Ohio Valley.
3NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:13 pm AKDT Aug 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Aug 19, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN GULF OF
ALASKA THROUGH FRIDAY. MEANWHILE...LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH
THE SOUTHWESTERN GULF THURSDAY NIGHT.
- Tonight W wind around 10 kt. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night W wind around 10 kt. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday W wind around 10 kt. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind around 10 kt. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE