Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
3NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 pm AKDT Jul 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am AKDT Jul 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE GULF WILL RETROGRADE WESTWARD THROUGH
WEDNESDAY AS A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS NORTH OVER THE
- Overnight E wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Areas of fog. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 1pm. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 7pm. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Areas of fog before 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE