Winter storm for Rockies and High Plains
A storm system over the northern Rockies will move eastward towards the High Plains by Christmas Day. The system will produce snow over parts of the Great Basin, Rockies and High Plains on Christmas. Some of the snow will be heavy, with hazardous travel conditions. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories are in effect in these areas.
2NM E Point Baker AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:13 am AKST Dec 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Dec 25, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 31, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT OVER THE FAR EASTERN GULF WILL PUSH INTO SE AK THU.
ANOTHER WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN GULF THU
AFTERNOON...THEN ACROSS SE AK THU NIGHT.
- Christmas Day W wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight S wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. Rain likely before midnight, then showers likely after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 15 kt. A chance of showers before midnight. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Saturday W wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind 15 to 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday E wind around 20 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE