Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. on Saturday
Another Pacific system will impact the West Coast today. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. Strong winds and heavy elevation snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:53 pm AKST Dec 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Dec 20, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE FRONT AND AN ASSOCIATED LOW CENTER WILL MOVE NORTH
ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH SATURDAY THEN CONTINUE TOWARDS
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND BY SUNDAY MORNING.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly before midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE