Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:15 pm AKDT Aug 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW OFF THE OUTER COAST WILL WEAKEN OVERNIGHT BEFORE DRIFTING
INLAND ON MONDAY. A SURFACE RIDGE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL
GULF AND MOVE EAST OVER THE PANHANDLE LATE ON TUESDAY.
- Overnight SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Labor Day SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Showers before 1am. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind around 10 kt. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of showers before 7pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE