Severe thunderstorms will continue this evening and tonight
Strong storms with heavy rain, wind and hail will continue over Oklahoma, Arkansas and northeast Texas this evening and tonight. Strong storms are also expected from northeast Pennsylvania to Maine. More strong storms may impact the Idaho panhandle, eastern Washington State, western Montana and southwest Tennessee. Hot temperatures continue for the Great Basin, southern Arizona and Oregon.
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:51 pm AKDT Jul 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Jul 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL REMAIN OVER AK GULF THROUGH THE
WEEKEND. A WEAKENING WEATHER FRONT IN THE EASTERN GULF WED
EVENING WILL DISSIPATE LATE WED NIGHT. A STRONGER WEATHER FRONT
MOVING INTO THE EASTERN GULF THU NIGHT WILL MOVE ONSHORE OVER
THE PANHANDLE FRI THEN STALL THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE