Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms through Wednesday evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:40 pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NORTH ACROSS THE GULF THURSDAY AND
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain after 1pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE