Severe weather possible for parts of central, northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central and northern Plains, from northeastern Nebraska across parts of eastern and northern South Dakota. Large hail will be the main risk, though a tornado or two is possible, as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NNE Goddard AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:39 am AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF WILL MOVE E ALONG THE NORTHERN
GULF COAST TO BE NEAR CAPE FAIRWEATHER BY MIDDAY TUE. IT WILL
THEN WEAKEN TO A TROUGH AND CONTINUE MOVING SE ACROSS THE REST
OF THE PANHANDLE THROUGH TUE NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN
THE SOUTHERN YUKON TUE NIGHT INTO WED.
- Today W wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind 10 to 15 kt. Isolated showers before 1am. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ESE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE