We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
11NM SE Kake AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:21 pm AKDT Sep 14, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Sep 14, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 21, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL WEAKEN AND SHIFT TO THE
EAST THROUGH MON. A SLOW MOVING FRONT OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL
WEAKEN AND DRIFT EASTWARD TOWARD THE PANHANDLE MON.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after 7am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE