Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
11NM SE Kake AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:22 pm AKDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE BUILDING OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE EAST
OVER THE PANHANDLE ON TUESDAY AND PERSIST THROUGH THURSDAY
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers before 7am. Areas of fog between 7am and 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE