Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
7NM SE Kake AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:17 pm AKDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Oct 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF OF ALASKA WILL MOVE S INTO THE NE
PACIFIC BY THU. AN ASSOCIATED TROUGH ACROSS THE NORTHERN
PANHANDLE WILL MOVE NW TO CAPE SUCKLING WED NIGHT. A NEW WEAKER
LOW SW OF HAIDA GWAII WILL MOVE N INTO THE SE GULF BY LATE WED
- Overnight SE wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 15 kt becoming NW in the morning. Scattered showers. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE