Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
7NM SE Kake AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:53 pm AKST Dec 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am AKST Dec 21, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW WILL MOVE NORTHWEST TO NEAR PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND
SAT NIGHT. A SECOND WEAK LOW WILL BE MOVING EAST ACROSS THE
SOUTHERN GULF AND INTO THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE SUN.
- Overnight SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of light rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 20 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt decreasing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE