Ana southwest of Kauai and crawling slowly toward the west
The Central Pacific Hurricane Center continues to monitor Tropical Storm Ana as it continues to pass southwest of Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands. Maximum sustained winds are 70 miles per hour, with higher gusts, and little change in strength is expected. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Kauai, and a Hurricane Watch is in effect for uninhabited regions of northwest Hawaii.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM ESE Emmons Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:25 pm AKDT Oct 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Oct 19, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW MOVING N ACROSS THE NORTHERN PANHANDLE WILL PUSH
INTO THE CANADIAN YUKON SUN EVENING AND WEAKEN. ANOTHER LOW WILL
HEAD NW FROM THE GULF INTO PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND SUN EVENING WITH
ITS TRAILING FRONT PUSHING INTO THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE MON MORNING.
OUTLOOK. A NEW GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE SE GULF MON NIGHT
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSE wind around 10 kt. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind around 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE