Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SE Emmons Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:12 pm AKST Jan 25, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Jan 25, 2015-6pm AKST Jan 31, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER THE
PANHANDLE EARLY SUNDAY BEFORE WEAKENING LATER SUNDAY INTO
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain showers before midnight, then a chance of snow showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the morning. Patchy fog before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely before noon, then a chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE