Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the northern Plains, from extreme south-central North Dakota into eastern South Dakota. Isolated severe thunderstorms capable of hail and locally-strong wind gusts are possible.
7NM ESE Emmons Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:32 am AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF WILL MOVE E ALONG THE NORTHERN
GULF COAST TO BE NEAR CAPE FAIRWEATHER BY MIDDAY TUE. IT WILL
THEN WEAKEN TO A TROUGH AND CONTINUE MOVING SE ACROSS THE REST
OF THE PANHANDLE THROUGH TUE NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN
THE SOUTHERN YUKON TUE NIGHT INTO WED.
- Today WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind around 10 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 7pm, then scattered showers between 7pm and 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE